26 June 2008

CRAZY Night!

Well, tonight was interesting.  I had dinner with some great friends that were down visiting and afterwards I spent about an hour with a homeless man named Marvin outside the restaurant.  I gave Tiffany my credit card and had her go in a buy him dinner.  Brandi made him a bouquet of lollipops and the girls and I went and sat back down with him and he sang us songs and talked about the Lord.  It was awesome.  

Afterwards I was giving my friend's son a jedi lesson in light saber fighting and we heard all this screeching noise and then it came...the smashing of two cars almost completely head on.  Nick and I immediately bolted at the sound running into the middle of the intersection to see if these people were alright.  My friend's husband, a cop came running after us and started directing traffic.   The first car was smashed in the front with all four airbags deployed and one of the two girls (there were 4 teenagers all together in the car) came running from the car screaming while the other tried to get out.  The other car was smashed on the front drivers side and they were unable to open the driver's side door.  Nick talked to them to see if they were alive, conscious, breathing, etc while I was at the other car.  It was insane!  There was an ambulance in the parking lot across the street and they were there not even a minute or two after it happened.   The two people in the second car that could not get out of the driver's side were taken to the ER in the ambulance and the four teenagers were fine, just extremely shook up.  I am not sure who hit who but one of them ran the red light, and I am almost positive it was the teenagers that came blowing through the light only to hit the other car while they were making a left hand turn.  

So the lesson for the day, feed a homeless man and PAY ATTENTION WHILE DRIVING!  And if you hear the crash do the right thing and go make sure they are all alright!

No comments: