22 June 2008

How He loves us

How is it that you Love us Lord?  How can it ever be measured?  It is impossible to know the true extent of the love that you feel for each and every one of us.  Not just your followers but also every single one of your creations.  You love us all.  

The oceans waves crashed on the shore today, yet again reminding me of all the intricacies of your beautiful creation.  I stand in awe of the mighty power of the oceans current and realize that I am just a speck of sand compared to the massive body of water.  Yet in your eyes I am more than a speck.  We all are.  You did not created speck of things to just fill up room.  You created people with hearts, minds, bodies, and souls.  You gave us free will and the power to choose to worship and love you. 

You created every detail of this earth from the smallest microorganism to the largest Blue Whale.  You thought about every detail of each living thing in this world.  You gave everything a purpose and nothing has ever or will ever go unnoticed in your eyes.  Looking at the vast expansion of our sky and realizing that there is so much more in our universe that we will never see here on earth and it is was all done for us to enjoy and for your glory Lord.  We are here to serve and worship you.  We can worship you in everything that we do.  We can worship you in the smallest details of our lives for you are an awesome God.

You love us so much that our brains will never be able to comprehend the extent to which you will do things for us and why.  Some people choose not to believe that you are God because they cannot figure you out Lord.  But we are not supposed to completely figure you out because you are God.  There are some things about you that we just have to have pure faith in.  The beauty of you Lord is that we can figure out many things about you just by walking with you everyday.  By sharing in your creation, loving each other and spending time just worshipping and listening for your voice.   There is none like you Lord.  No matter how much the enemy tries to pull us away from you, how many lies he feeds us, or how much he tries to hurt you through us, you will be victorious Jesus!  You are King and you will reign forever.  No one can take that from you.  James says, even the demons shudder at the sound of your name.  Satan himself is not free from you either.  He bows at your feet God.  He has even had to ask permission to tempt before.  But you will always protect us through it all.

We will ALL walk through spiritual battles in our lifetime.  None of us are immune to the enemy.  Yet if we remain close to you and give up whatever we are battling we will win.  We can overcome and we can be free of our strongholds.  People say, "If God is for me who can be against me?” well everyone.  Everyone can be against you.  But we have You on our side and because of your love for us we can stand victorious.  Just because we have you does not mean that we will be free of hurt and pain.  Satan is always out to get us, everyday, but many do not realize this.  Many believe that either the enemy does not exist or that he does not affect them.  But this is a lie that he feeds them so that he can become invisible to them and they will not even realize the work he is doing in their lives. "Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour." 1 Peter 5:8.  Jesus even you were tempted by Satan.  He tempts everyone and the enemy himself is blinding anyone who believes otherwise from the truth.  But no matter what Lord we can always look to you for strength.  We can rebuke him in your name Jesus and we can fight on in this raging war.  It will only get worse before it gets better, but when it does get better it will be more than we were created to imagine.  We cannot comprehend the pain and suffering of neither hell nor can we comprehend the joy and wonder of heaven, but that was done so that it will be a sweet surprise for us when we get there.  

The past few days I have been greatly feeling and needing your love Lord.  You have not failed me yet, but rather have met me with open arms in the dark, leading me out into the light.  You have brought me comfort, peace, and an overwhelming sense of restoration and healing.  It comes in small doses but it comes all day long.  You love us so and we are called to love others.  Therefore I say, I have forgiven them and I am desperately trying to love them the way you call us to love each other.  For even the unlovable are lovable if we seek to love them like you do. 

I long for you Jesus like an infant longs for its mother.  I am eager to know and love you more and more intimately and deeper each day.  You meet me every morning and you lay me to rest every night.  You are picking up the pieces and putting them back in order.  I know that I cannot rebuild what you have crafted and I have tried unsuccessfully in the past.  I praise you for your great works and the work of the Spirit inside of me right now.  They say there is light at the end of the tunnel, but the light is with us all the time and in that light there is love.  For you are our light Jesus.  You light our paths; you even said you are the light of the world.  It is a reminder of the lights from the pilgrims at the Feast of Tabernacles.  All who came to worship you in those days filled the sky with light and now you fill the sky with light.  Your death and resurrection has filled my life with light.  Even though I feel as though I am walking in the dark, I am not.  I am walking with in the light, for you are with me.

No comments: